Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kabuki

Here we go, yet another project added to my "TO DO LIST" which at this point is longer than Mr. Sheen's "P-STARS I HAVE DONE LIST"(too much?)

Anywhoo, I have always been a fan of Florence Broadhurst  and her fantastic wallpapers and fabrics, but for some reason I have kinda forgot about her recently. I remember, way back when, before we owned our pad, I dreamt I would cover a hallway in "Japanese floral" or "Kabuki". Since we have recently depleted any excess of funds to justify buying 185 dollar a roll wallpaper, It dawned on me last night that I could probably hack this myself ! And what if not in a hallway but in G's room. How amazing would it be if I painted her accent wall a flamingo pink and then hand drew the kabuki fans on with white or silver paint pen?

kinda like this.......but not white with pink....pink with white (see crappy photoshop below)




Also I am sure this is gonna be very popular in the Blog World but the PINK ISSUE of House Beautiful...... "I Die" 
There are no less than 6 pages of pink painted rooms with sources for which colors were used.. if the Duck wouldn't divorce me for it, I would paint every room in our house a various shade of pepto pink. 
Here are some of my faves....that were not included in the schemes




Behr "Flamingo Dream"

or any of these colors currently littered across my desk









No comments:

Post a Comment