The Babes Behind the Blog:
Suysel dePedro Cunningham + Anne Maxwell Foster
HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE YOUR INTERIOR DESIGN STYLE?
"New traditionals" head over heels in love with color, pattern and whimsy.
WHAT 3 THINGS CAN YOU NOT LIVE WITHOUT?
We are attached from morning to night to our phones for emails, texts, web surfing, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc etc etc
2. Canada Dry Seltzer: we are seltzer fanatics. Our office fridge is always stocked.
3. Tape Measure – So boring, but the down and dirty truth as designers. You never know when you’ll stumble across a great find – and dimensions are always number one criteria!
WHAT ARE 3 THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU
- We do absolutely everything together when it comes to our business – from calls with magazine editors (“Hold on! Can we put you on speaker?”), our email address, and even the knitty gritty of our office, like taking out the trash.
- We daydream about opening a Tilton Fenwick west coast LA office someday. Bi-coastal sounds great in the dead of a NYC winter.
- We talk about our Dads daily and how we know that even though they’re not with us, they are both watching our business take shape in year two!
YOUR MOST TREASURED POSSESSION
A pair of tessellated horn armchairs with black horsehair upholstered seats, Colombian circa 1970. Mario Buatta is also a fan (he told us so at the Hampton Showhouse and declared he’d reupholster the seats in floral chintz!)
DIRTY LITTLE SECRET
We both watched Downton Abbey on PBS over the Golden Globe awards this year. It felt so wrong but was oh so right.
YOUR FAVE ROOM IN YOUR HOME
Tough decision – we’re both in the process of moving, so the answer may change in the next few months, but there is a Guest Bedroom in Suysel’s home upstate (that was also featured in 2011 TradHome) with custom printed wallpaper of our beloved peacock logo – we’d have to both agree on that one, at least for today!
I WANNA BE A BLANK WHEN I GROW UP?
Our website says: “There’s nothing we’d rather be doing.” – it’s so true!